To access our children’s services, individuals must have a primary diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Condition for us to be able to assess.
Our adult residential homes are registered to support adults with ‘needs associated with Autistic Spectrum Condition’.
Our Referrals Coordinator can be contacted on:
T: 02920 029 922
What’s the procedure for admission?
1. Anyone can contact us for more information about our services.
2. For a placement in any Orbis service, a referral can be made by social workers, careers professionals, family services, health professionals and commissioners.
3. Parents and/or a representative from the local authority are welcome to visit our services to ensure that the service is suitable for the individual. During the visit, we may ask you for further details of the individual. At this time a request for an initial assessment can also be made. The request to assess must come from the local authority or health professional.
4. An assessment allows us to gauge whether we can provide support for the individual, and can take place in school, at home or in their current residential service. After the assessment, we produce a report detailing the placement offer, recommendations and fees to be paid by the local authority.
4. Once a placement agreement has been made, Orbis will develop and implement a full and comprehensive transition plan.