SUPPORT WORKER (to Adults with an Autistic Spectrum Condition)
Full time: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Salary: £14,391/£15,268 – £18,000 dependant on experience in healthcare
Orbis Education and Care is an exciting and rapidly growing Welsh business which exists to work with Adults who have needs associated with autistic spectrum conditions.
We are constantly looking for enthusiastic people to bring their personality, skills and experience to work and help our Adults develop, grow and have fulfilling Adulthood’s.
One of our newest facilities is Ty Carreg, a specialist Adult home set in an idyllic scenery in Aberthaw, Vale Of Glamorgan, with easy access to the coast line and stunning beach’s.
We take pride developing you to deliver our person-centred care approach, and you will be supported by our clinical team offer flexible, family friendly services. You will learn plenty every day as every day is different!
We make it an absolute priority that each and every Adult who walks through our doors feels welcome, cared for, safe and happy; something we could never do without the people who work for us.
What do we need you to do?
- We are looking for you to encourage individuality, confidence, and self-esteem in those we support, optimising their quality of life, promoting their independence.
- Support Adults in a range of activities both on-site and in the wider community
- Whilst bringing your own upbeat personality to work every day, become part of a great team
- Provide a range of support tasks such as personal care, and develop their domestic and social skills.
Is this role right for you?
Experience tells us that the people who are successful in this type of work possess key qualities, including:
- Self-driven and resourceful
- Team Player and an ability to motivate and support others
- Good Communication, and the ability to relate well to other people.
- Flexible, Calm and emotional resilience.
We welcome applicants with experience and qualifications in Elderly care, Health care, Domiciliary care, Residential Care and Learning support assistant. Experience gained here will serve you well.
What you need to be aware of?
- This is a physically demanding role, you need to have the confidence to manage a mix of challenging behaviours that Adults with Autism and other associated learning disabilities can present; but don’t worry, there will be training and plenty of support.
- Ty Carreg is open 365 days of the year, and you will be required to work on a rota for days, nights and weekends.
- It would be desirable, but not essential, if you already have QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care for Adults. Having it will entitle you to higher pay. Not having it will entitle you to support working towards achieving the qualification, and then higher pay!!
What else can we can offer you?
- Comprehensive two-week induction programme
- Paid-for and industry-leading training and support.
- Excellent overtime opportunities with enhanced rates and a range of other benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Paid sick leave
- Death in service/life cover
- Perk Box- over 200 savings updated monthly
- 28 days annual leave which increases with long service
- Real opportunities for progression with the majority of our senior roles filled internally
- The opportunity to work towards a BTEC in Positive Behavioural Support
- We will cover the cost of the DBS Check
As you can see we provide you with a competitive salary, range of benefits, on-going training and development plus career progression.
More than any of that we provide you with an opportunity to feel a sense fulfilment everyday!
We are committed to safeguarding, therefore all offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
|Job Category||Support Worker|