Summergil House, Presteigne
Summergil House in Presteigne is really taking shape!
As soon as the school was registered on 3rd March 2017 we were excited to announce the immediate arrival of our first day pupil and we are very pleased that he is settling in very well. Here’s what mum and dad had to say:
‘I wanted to thank you for all of your help in settling our son into Summergil. Your time and patience and your answers to my endless questions have made this process so much easier than I ever imagined. Thank you so much. He is settling in really well and is really enjoying his sessions with you. We are so encouraged by your dedicated team that we know we have definitely made the right decision for him.’
Soon after the arrival of our first day pupil, our first resident also arrived!
‘I have not seen him this happy and relaxed in a very long time. You guys are doing a fabulous job and are achieving so much already. I also feel at peace as a consequence.’
And since then we have been busy spreading the word, working with local authorities and assessing other children to see if we can support them too either in full time residential, day or respite placements! In fact, we are growing quickly and have a number of young people in placements with us!
In the meantime we have received this comment about Orbis Education and Care:
‘Orbis Education and Care are experts at what they do and we will be hard pushed to find anything better’
(Designated Safeguarding Officer for Wales)
And we also had a visit from Kirsty Williams, Assembly Member for Powys! Here she is with our Chief Executive Mike Currier, Rachel Hackling – Head of Education, and Max Turner – Area Manager.
About Summergil House
- Summergil House is a specialist education and care service for children and young people with complex needs associated with autism and/or a learning disability from age 8 to 19 (just before their 20th birthday).
- It is a calm and supportive service offering joined-up education, care and clinical support, all underpinned with a deep clinical understanding of autism and with principles of Active Support and Positive Behavioural Support. Placements are person-centred, engaging and meaningful.
- We offer full and part-time placements on a range of bases: day, full residential or weekly boarding up to 52 weeks or term-time only and respite.
- The service is located within 18-acres of fields and woodland on the border of Herefordshire and Powys in Presteigne. It features a beautifully designed residential area with shared spaces including lounges, a kitchen-dining room, bathrooms and surrounding gardens, as well as individual bedrooms which can be adapted and personalised, some of which are en-suite.
- Also on-site our school features a sports hall, hydrotherapy pool, a giant polytunnel, outdoor play areas, a large chicken coop, fields and nature trails that criss-cross throughout the site.
- In-house clinical support includes OT, SALT and Positive Behavioural Support.
‘I just wanted to say thank you to Summergil House today for a lovely visit. The staff were great with my son and put my mind at ease. I know I have made the right decision and I’m looking forward to this next chapter in our lives.’ (Parent)
‘We really enjoyed today’s visit and we are blown away by your facilities. Thanks for making us feel so welcome.’ (Parent)
To find out more about Summergil House contact Colin Howarth on 02920 029922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the gallery of photographs of the stunning site in Presteigne.
WE ARE RECRUITING SUPPORT WORKERS NOW!
If you would like to work for an award-winning, sector-leading organisation then why not apply for a position at Orbis Education and Care? For more information about the Support Worker role for both Summergil House and Ty Bronllys our service near Brecon, see the link below:
Full job description – Summergil House Support Worker
Full job description – Ty Bronllys Support Worker
For more information or to register your interest in these positions please contact us on: email@example.com or call our HR team on 02920 029922.