About Ty Coryton:
Ty Coryton is a specialist school and separate residential home for children and young people from the ages of 8-19, with a primary diagnosis of autistic spectrum condition. The site is located next to Coryton roundabout at junction 32 of the M4. It is set in a converted manor house, surrounded by landscaped gardens, and is a safe and supportive site for all of our pupils and residents.
All of our children have complex needs associated with autism, including a learning disability, communication difficulties and complex sensory needs, and all are vulnerable. We know that with the right support all of our young people can thrive, progress and live lives that are rewarding and fulfilling – and this is where our amazing support team comes into its own.
We are currently recruiting for positions in this team.
- This role requires you to support children and young people in a range of on and off site activities ensuring that all duties are carried out to a high standard. Activities will include trips to the community, excursions to the beaches, shops or sports centres, museums, castles and so on. Onsite, you may be supporting a child or young person to carry out their day-to-day tasks, such as dressing, washing and cooking, and accompanying them to their classroom sessions.
- You will need to be an excellent team member, as you will work closely alongside your colleagues, including the Registered Manager and with members of the education and clinical teams.
- You will also be required to provide written reports on a daily basis and be involved in the development and implementation of placement and support plans.
- As a support worker you will follow a 24-hour, 365-day rota according to the needs of the children, young people and the service. The hours of work are 37.5 hours per week with flexibility.
- Whilst it would be desirable for candidates to have an NVQ or QCF Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care this is not essential.
- Prior experience within the healthcare sector would also be desirable but not essential as every successful candidate will be given a comprehensive induction course and training.
- In return we provide you with a competitive salary, range of benefits, on-going training and development, plus career progression. In fact, many of our senior team right up to director level started as support workers or learning support assistants.
- The successful applicant must have a full UK/European driving licence.
|Job Category||Support Worker|