SUPPORT WORKER (to children and young people with an Autistic Spectrum Condition)
Full time: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Salary: £14,391/£15,268 – £18,000 dependant on experience in healthcare
Orbis Education and Care is an exciting and rapidly growing Welsh business which exists to work with children and young people who have needs associated with autistic spectrum conditions.
We are constantly looking for enthusiastic people to bring their personality, skills and experience to work and help our children and young people develop, grow and have fulfilling childhoods.
One of our newest facilities is Summergil House, a specialist children’s home and school set in 18 acres of idyllic scenery in Presteigne, Powys, close to the border with Herefordshire.
We take pride developing you to deliver our person-centred care approach, and you will be supported by our clinical team offer flexible, family friendly services. You will learn plenty every day as every day is different!
We make it an absolute priority that each and every child and young person who walks through our doors feels welcome, cared for, safe and happy; something we could never do without the people who work for us.
What do we need you to do?
- We are looking for you to encourage individuality, confidence, and self-esteem in those we support, optimising their quality of life, promoting their independence.
- Support young people in a range of educational and vocational activities both on-site and in the wider community
- Whilst bringing your own upbeat personality to work every day, become part of a great team
- Provide a range of support tasks such as personal care, and develop their domestic and social skills.
Is this role right for you?
Experience tells us that the people who are successful in this type of work possess key qualities, including:
- Self-driven and resourceful
- Team Player and an ability to motivate and support others
- Good Communication, and the ability to relate well to other people.
- Flexible, Calm and emotional resilience.
We welcome applicants with experience and qualifications in Elderly care, Health care, Domiciliary care, Residential Care and Learning support assistant. Experience gained here will serve you well.
What you need to be aware of?
- This is a physically demanding role, you need to have the confidence to manage a mix of challenging behaviours that children and young people with Autism and other associated learning disabilities can present; but don’t worry, there will be training and plenty of support.
- Summergil is open 365 days of the year, and you will be required to work on a rota for days, nights and weekends.
- It would be desirable, but not essential, if you already have QCF Level 3 in Children and Young People. Having it will entitle you to higher pay. Not having it will entitle you to support working towards achieving the qualification, and then higher pay!!
What else can we can offer you?
- Comprehensive two-week induction programme
- Paid-for and industry-leading training and support.
- Excellent overtime opportunities with enhanced rates and a range of other benefits.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Paid sick leave
- Death in service/life cover
- Perk Box- over 200 savings updated monthly
- 28 days annual leave which increases with long service
- Real opportunities for progression with the majority of our senior roles filled internally
- The opportunity to work towards a BTEC in Positive Behavioural Support
- We will cover the cost of the DBS Check
As you can see we provide you with a competitive salary, range of benefits, on-going training and development plus career progression.
More than any of that we provide you with an opportunity to feel a sense fulfilment everyday!
About Orbis Education and Care
Orbis Education and Care offers specialist services for children, young people and adults with complex needs associated with autism and its associated conditions. We are a rapidly expanding, sector-leading organisation with services around South and Mid Wales including schools, residential services, adult homes and a work-skills day service.
We work with lots of young people to promote their learning, development and independence, whilst offering placements that are fun, engaging and meaningful. Childhood is an important time of our lives and we want to help make our children’s lives memorable as they develop into young people and adults, and as each individual is unique, the way we care and support them has to be the same.
|Job Category||Support Worker|